Police investigate sudden death of one-year-old girl
Published at 11:02, Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Cumbria police are investigating the sudden death of a one-year-old girl.
Officers were called by the ambulance service to an address in Barrow just after 6am today.
The child was taken to the Furness General Hospital but died, says a force statement.
Police are investigating the circumstances of the death on behalf of the coroner.
The girl's family is being supported by relatives and police officers.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|