Police close west Cumbria road due to flooding
Last updated at 16:30, Monday, 23 July 2012
A woman was helped to safety this morning after her car got stuck in flood water at Dearham, near Maryport.
Police have closed the Toll Bar road, close to the Old Mill Inn.
Officers were alerted by the stranded local woman at about 9.50am after her Vauxhall car became stuck in the water.
She was helped out of the flood waters by a local farmer and officers.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and find an alternative route.
A Cumbria County Council spokeswoman said that a highways team was carrying out a clean-up operation and they expected the road to be reopened tomorrow morning.
First published at 10:34, Monday, 23 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- New landmark building planned for Botchergate in Carlisle (10 comments)
- Newspapers step forward and question, on behalf of those who can find no answers on their own (4 comments)
- Police called to 'out of control' birthday party (18 comments)
- Cumbrian garage owner selling up due to supermarket competition (9 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (37 comments)
- Cumbrian MPs reveal their expenses bills (33 comments)
- Charity warns of ‘payday loans’ crisis in north Cumbria (29 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (65 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (33 comments)
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
Court & crime
- Has Cumbria learned nothing from the horrors of Mid Staffs? (3 comments)
- Love that £3 T-shirt now? None of us can pretend we didn’t know how Primark’s clothes were made (32 comments)
- We told you before that we didn’t want a commissioner (29 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|