Police appeal for witnesses after man robbed
Published at 21:54, Saturday, 30 August 2014
Police have issued an urgent witness appeal after a man was robbed on a Cumbrian street.
The 43-year-old victim was walking along Levens Drive, in the Morton area of Carlisle, at 11.30am today when two men approached him.
They then robbed him, taking the black JD Sports bag he was carrying.
The victim was uninjured.
Two men - one aged 20 and the other 26 - have been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
A Cumbria police spokeswoman sad: "There were members of the public in the area at the time who may have witnessed the incident."
She added that anyone who saw what happened, or anything linked to the crime, should contact police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|