Police appeal after train stoned by yobs
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 10 May 2013
Passengers had a lucky escape after yobs hurled a stone at the window of a train they were travelling on.
The youths threw the stone from a bridge with such force that it shattered the outer skin of the window.
The train, the 8.30pm Whitehaven to Carlisle service, was targeted shortly before 8.55pm on Tuesday at Shore Road in Workington.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “It is believed the stone was thrown by youths seen on the overbridge.”
“Thankfully it was just the outer skin of the window which was damaged. Had the stone penetrated the window there is no doubt someone would have been hurt.
“It is vital that we trace those responsible and are appealing for information.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040, Cumbria police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:25, Friday, 10 May 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)