Police appeal after train stoned by yobs
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 10 May 2013
Passengers had a lucky escape after yobs hurled a stone at the window of a train they were travelling on.
The youths threw the stone from a bridge with such force that it shattered the outer skin of the window.
The train, the 8.30pm Whitehaven to Carlisle service, was targeted shortly before 8.55pm on Tuesday at Shore Road in Workington.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “It is believed the stone was thrown by youths seen on the overbridge.”
“Thankfully it was just the outer skin of the window which was damaged. Had the stone penetrated the window there is no doubt someone would have been hurt.
“It is vital that we trace those responsible and are appealing for information.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 405040, Cumbria police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:25, Friday, 10 May 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Seagulls swoop on terrified Cumbria children as they make their way to school (1 comment)
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Ulverston burns victim disgusted as benefits stop
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)