Pile of pants
Last updated at 11:46, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A six-year-old schoolboy has come up with a novel fundraising idea – wearing 50 pairs of underpants.
Charlie Ostle is more imaginative than most.
After his family received a big bag of clothes from a relative he began playing with the big pants and trying them on.
There were some plain white, some blue, and even some with Team GB logos.
His mum Jo Falconer, of Kirkoswald near Penrith, said: “He was messing around putting them on.
“Then he decided to raise money for charity, to help his cousin Katy Sturgeon who has type 1 diabetes.
“When they’re in a pile it’s like Jenga but with underpants.”
The money raised will go to JDRF, a charity that helps those with type 1 diabetes and is searching for a cure.
Despite an impressive total of 50 pairs of underpants, Charlie has a way to go before he can dream of holding a world record.
It is held by 53-year-old Gary Craig, from South Tyneside.
Charlie said: “It was 212 pairs then 312.
“He sent me a message as well.”
Mr Craig, known as the Georgie Pantsman, donated £10 to the cause and left a message saying: “Best of luck Charlie, it won’t be long before you’re after my record.”
Charlie’s original target was £150 but his novel idea has caught people’s imagination and he has already raised £160.
His little brother Matty, four, is helping out by baking cakes and selling them for 50p a piece.
To donate to JDRF via Charlie go to www.justgiving.com/charliespants.
First published at 11:43, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)