Pets killed in Carlisle house fire
Last updated at 22:06, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Two family pets died in the kitchen of a bungalow after a serious fire.
The dog and cat were found after firefighters from both of Carlisle’s stations battled the blaze, on Wansfell Avenue in Morton, for around two hours.
They received the call just after 8pm yesterday and the last of the crews did not return to their station until 10.10pm.
Crew manager Anthony Rooney said: “There was quite a significant amount of damage to the bungalow’s kitchen.”
Fire investigation teams are set to revisit the bungalow today to try to find out what caused the blaze. However, there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding it.
First published at 21:44, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|