Pedestrian taken to Carlisle hospital after collision with car
Published at 16:37, Thursday, 31 January 2013
A man has been taken to hospital after being struck by a car on a busy Carlisle street.
The 36-year-old pedestrian was in collision with a blue Volkswagen estate shortly before 4pm on a crossing on Wigton Road.
The car was being driven by a man, who was not hurt.
The pedestrian was taken to the city's Cumberland Infirmary with minor injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle man can recall days of the week back to 1801 (1 comment)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)
- £2m Carlisle football complex given the go-ahead (21 comments)
- Carlisle woman voted third most influential black person (7 comments)
- Special report: Fifth anniversary of Cumbrian floods (4 comments)
- Cumbrian couple charged £100 for bad TripAdvisor review (40 comments)
- Cumbrian firms blast lack of profitability from winter festival (5 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (86 comments)
- Objections raised over plans for 190 homes in Carlisle (7 comments)
- Stagecoach offers half-price deals on weekly bus tickets (19 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (19 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (3 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (3 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Lake District hunt members cautioned by police after attack on protestors
- Family feud over Carol Park's ashes reconciled
- College keeps up fight to build future for education
- Book of condolence for victims
- Campbell's Bluebird to return to water at Coniston
- Beacons of education and industry put weight behind CN Group Education Awards
- Outdoor swimming warning after man's body found in Cumbrian lake