Pedestrian taken to Carlisle hospital after collision with car
Published at 16:37, Thursday, 31 January 2013
A man has been taken to hospital after being struck by a car on a busy Carlisle street.
The 36-year-old pedestrian was in collision with a blue Volkswagen estate shortly before 4pm on a crossing on Wigton Road.
The car was being driven by a man, who was not hurt.
The pedestrian was taken to the city's Cumberland Infirmary with minor injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|