Pair banned from all pubs in north Cumbrian town
Published at 08:10, Friday, 01 June 2012
A man and a woman have been banned from Wigton’s pubs after threatening staff and customers.
Charles Anthony McEwan, 37 and Ann Marie Wright, 35, both of Burnside, admitted using threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in the town’s Victoria pub on May 13.
Police were called after McEwan became embroiled in an argument in the pub, Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard.
The court heard that he confronted two men, one of whom he claimed had been causing problems for one of his friend’s girlfriends.
McEwan had started throwing punches and threw a glass towards staff behind the bar.
During the argument Wright jumped on a man’s back and later stood in front of police as they tried to arrest McEwan.
McEwan was given with a six-month community order and an eight-week curfew between 8pm and 6am. He has already been given a pub watch order banning him from drinking in Wigton for the next five years.
Wright’s case adjourned until June 7 for a pre-sentence report. As part of her bail she cannot enter pubs in the Wigton area.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Rising up to periscope depth in the Barrow Park boating lake
- Ulverston volunteer among best in the UK
- ‘I love Ulverston because...’ Deborah Yearnshire
- ‘I love Ulverston because...’ Councillor Colin Pickthall
- Ulverston cobbles makeover set to resume (2 comments)
- Give the dairy farmers a break
- Irate dentist jammed NHS trust switchboard twice (5 comments)
- Ulverston and Furness Vineyard Church
- Ulverston Outsiders' production of Nude With Violin, Coronation Hall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Ulverston woman dies in car crash
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Ulverston tea business is causing a stir around the country
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- New use proposed for landmark Ulverston building
- Ulverston Town Council back Ford Park housing plans (14 comments)