Pair admit series of drug crimes in west Cumbria
Last updated at 13:13, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Two men have admitted committing a number of serious drugs offences.
Dean Gee, 23, from Stockport, and his co-defendant Liam Wilson, 21, of Salford, appeared via video link at Carlisle Crown Court.
The pair committed the drug offences as they were driving in the Workington area on August 14. They were caught after their car was searched by police.
The offences were:
- possessing cocaine with intent to supply the class A drug;
- possessing MDMA tablets, otherwise known as Ecstasy, a class A drug with intent to supply;
- possessing MDMA powder with intent to supply;
- possession of the class B drug mephedrone, which is known on the streets as meow meow, with intent to supply.
Both defendants appeared before the court via a video link from the prison where they are being held.
They were remanded in custody.
First published at 13:11, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years