Paint thugs target Carlisle family's cars
Last updated at 12:16, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Four cars owned by one family were doused with white paint and a corrosive substance last night.
All four – two Ford Mondeos, a Mercedes and a Vauxhall Vectra – were parked outside a bungalow in Geltsdale Avenue, Durranhill, Carlisle, when the attacker struck between 8pm and 11.45pm.
The cars belonged to Jim McCrorie, 79, and his grandsons Johny and Alex.
They were in the property but heard nothing.
Johny’s Mondeo was severely damaged.
Mr McCrorie said: “They have wrecked it. “Someone has deliberately done this.
“They were after his car and must have had it in for him for some reason. They knew what they were doing.
“It’s a write-off in my opinion. A queer mess and the lad is sick. The cars are insured but claiming puts your premium up. It will cost me dear.”
Police are appealing for information.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)