Original member of The Beatles to perform in Carlisle
Last updated at 11:58, Monday, 11 February 2013
An original member of The Beatles has agreed to perform at the Carlisle Music City festival.
He has been invited by Paul Musgrave of local band So What. Mr Musgrave said: “Instead of having a Beatle tribute act I said ‘Let’s have a real Beatle!’”
He does not want to reveal who it is at this stage.
The festival will make its second appearance from May 25 to June 2.
This year’s event will also celebrate 50 years since the Fab Four were in town with a day of Beatles music performed on the city centre bandstand.
First published at 11:57, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (7 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (20 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (1 comment)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (6 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (6 comments)
- Cumbrian hostel manager allays neighbours' fears (2 comments)
- Plea to provide better cycling access into Carlisle (15 comments)
- Cumbria road deaths at five-year low
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (6 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Man killed in crash on Cumbrian road named (8 comments)