OAP critical in Newcastle hospital after roof plunge
Published at 09:16, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man in his seventies was in a critical condition in a Newcastle hospital after falling through a roof.
The Great North Air Ambulance's Pride of Cumbria was called to Langrigg, near Aspatria, at about 1.30pm yesterday to help the ambulance service.
It flew the pensioner to a specialist unit at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
The man sustained head, back and chest injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|