North Cumbria sex act teenager sent for treatment
Last updated at 10:15, Saturday, 24 March 2012
A teenager who committed a sex act in front of a woman on a bus has been sent to a secure unit for treatment.
Andrew George Dixon, 18, was travelling on a bus from Penrith to Carlisle when a woman spotted him performing the act while staring at two blondes in a nearby seat.
When he realised she had seen him, prosecutor Becky McGregor told Carlisle Crown Court, he covered himself with a bag but otherwise took no notice.
“He had no look of embarrassment or shock,” she said. “He continued, still staring at the women in front.”
The court heard that when more passengers got on Dixon stopped but by then the woman who had seen him was “unnerved, disgusted and sickened”.
Dixon, of West Lane, Penrith, admitted a charge of outraging public decency.
Ms McGregor said that as a 13-year-old he had been reprimanded for committing a sex act in the window of his home while three small girls walked past.
And in August last year he was cautioned for committing the same act in front of a woman in a car park.
She said there were also other concerns about his behaviour which had not resulted in any form of legal action.
After hearing that Dixon was suffering from a mental disorder that needed to be treated in hospital, Judge Barbara Forrester passed a Hospital Order under Section 37 of the Mental Health Act. His barrister did not oppose it.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 24 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (132 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|