X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

No title

CARLISLE: City householders are being urged to take care with gas appliances this week.CARLISLE: Members of groups looking to increase their profile might be interested in a social media workshop and surgery next week.

Carlisle City Council has pledged its support for Gas Safety Week 2012 which runs until Sunday.

An educational display is running in the foyer of the Civic Centre as part of the safety initiative.

Nationally over the past year 18 people have died and a further 399 have been hospitalised as a result of preventable gas related accidents, such as gas leaks, explosions, fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.

For more information on gas safety, visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk

The class takes place at the People First centre on Abbey Street, in the city centre.

It will feature classes on making the best use sites like Facebook and Twitter, plus how to develop a social media plan.

It takes place on Thursday, September 20. The workshop runs from 12pm-5pm and a drop-in follows at 5-8pm.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Are we neglecting north Cumbria's heritage and tourist attractions while concentrating on the Lake District?

Yes, the Lakes have always taken all the investment

No, nothing in the north can compare with anything the Lake District

Nothing will change now. We are Cumbria's forgotten corner

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: