No action against woman arrested after report man stabbed at Carlisle house
Last updated at 14:32, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
A woman who was arrested following reports that a man had been stabbed at a house in Carlisle has been released without charge.
Police were called to Collingwood Street, Denton Holme, at about midday yesterday after a man sustained leg injuries.
The 24-year-old Carlisle man was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary with what police described as minor injuries. He has now been discharged.
Officers cordoned off the area while forensic investigations were carried out.
A 21-year-old woman was arrested in connection with the incident but police have confirmed that no further action is being taken.
Neighbours, many of whom were at home enjoying a relaxing bank holiday, reported hearing arguments at the property late in the morning.
About lunchtime they were then alerted to the incident by the sound of sirens.
There were reports of blood on the pavement.
One neighbour told the News & Star: “There were police cars and ambulances. We didn’t know what was going on.”
Another said: “They’ve only been here about a month so nobody really knows them.”
Following the incident, police tape remained in place around the terraced house while contractors cleaned up the street outside. A police car remained outside the house all afternoon.
First published at 14:31, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)