New snow warning for Cumbria
Last updated at 16:47, Friday, 08 February 2013
The Met Office has warned travel may be disrupted by snowfall across the north west, including Cumbria, on Sunday.
It says there is a risk that rain will turn to sleet and snow during the day and that there is the potential for accumulations of up to 10cm in places.
On Monday, the rain, sleet and snow will clear but there could still be further build-ups of up to 10cms.
Ice will increasingly become a hazard, adds the forecaster.
First published at 12:58, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|