New snow warning for Cumbria
Last updated at 16:47, Friday, 08 February 2013
The Met Office has warned travel may be disrupted by snowfall across the north west, including Cumbria, on Sunday.
It says there is a risk that rain will turn to sleet and snow during the day and that there is the potential for accumulations of up to 10cm in places.
On Monday, the rain, sleet and snow will clear but there could still be further build-ups of up to 10cms.
Ice will increasingly become a hazard, adds the forecaster.
First published at 12:58, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)