New snow warning for Cumbria
Last updated at 16:47, Friday, 08 February 2013
The Met Office has warned travel may be disrupted by snowfall across the north west, including Cumbria, on Sunday.
It says there is a risk that rain will turn to sleet and snow during the day and that there is the potential for accumulations of up to 10cm in places.
On Monday, the rain, sleet and snow will clear but there could still be further build-ups of up to 10cms.
Ice will increasingly become a hazard, adds the forecaster.
First published at 12:58, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbria will remain Scotland's closest friend, Alex Salmond to tell Carlisle meeting (25 comments)
- Carlisle's homeless surviving on £1 microwave meals (57 comments)
- Cumbrian beaches fail water quality tests (4 comments)
- Carlisle singer's group Collabro are Britain's Got Talent favourites (37 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (30 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (36 comments)
- Plan to reshuffle junior football in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Microwave ready meals plan for north Cumbrian hospitals (26 comments)
- Scottish independence would lead to passport checks at Border, confirms minister (45 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|