New snow warning for Cumbria
Last updated at 16:47, Friday, 08 February 2013
The Met Office has warned travel may be disrupted by snowfall across the north west, including Cumbria, on Sunday.
It says there is a risk that rain will turn to sleet and snow during the day and that there is the potential for accumulations of up to 10cm in places.
On Monday, the rain, sleet and snow will clear but there could still be further build-ups of up to 10cms.
Ice will increasingly become a hazard, adds the forecaster.
First published at 12:58, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|