New homes plan for Cleator's former Kangol site
Last updated at 11:54, Thursday, 17 April 2014
Ninety-two new houses could be built on the former Kangol site in Cleator.
Office space is also proposed for the site, and a community consultation event takes place next week to gauge residents’ reaction to the major plans.
Concern has been raised about potential flooding given the site’s proximity to the River Ehen.
However the developers say all flooding issues will be given consideration during the planning process.
John Blue, from North Associates, the property management company dealing with the site, said: “All possible impacts have been assessed and we are working with the Environment Agency for this project.”
The meeting takes place at the Ennerdale Country House Hotel, Cleator, on Wednesday, April 23 between 4pm and 7.30pm.
First published at 11:53, Thursday, 17 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|