Near-miss van driver rescued by Cumbria firefighters
Published at 17:43, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
A van driver had to be rescued by the fire service after he swerved to avoid a crash with a wagon.
His vehicle ended up on its side up a verge and was at risk of tipping over had he tried to get out of it.
Firefighters were called to the scene on a minor road at Skirwith, near Penrith, at about 3.50pm today.
A fire service spokesman said: "Nobody was physically trapped in the vehicles but one of them was hanging over a verge and could have tipped over if the driver had moved.
"The firefighters secured the vehicle with rope and assessed the driver to check for any injuries before assisting him from the vehicle."
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (8 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)