Mystery of old photos found in Carlisle city centre shop
Last updated at 14:13, Friday, 16 May 2014
Staff at a Carlisle city centre store hope they can reunite these old photos with their owner.
A bundle of about a dozen small black and white images were found at the Home Bargains store in Earl’s Lane around three weeks ago tucked inside a white envelope.
After keeping them in store to see if any concerned customer would pop in to retrieve them, staff are now turning to readers of The Cumberland News for help.
The photos appear to have been taken outside the same house and feature the same baby but with different people, possibly family members.
Another shows a man in what seems to be a military uniform and another has a man sitting on a tractor.
A couple also have “LOVE YOU xxx” handwritten on the back in black ink but there are few clues in the background of each shot that could help identify where they may have been taken.
Home Bargains assistant manager Joanne Youngson said: “These photographs obviously mean a lot to somebody, some have even got ‘love you’ on the back.
“All we want to do is reunite them with their owner.
“We’d been keeping them in the shop in case anyone came in to claim them but now we don’t know what to do so we are hoping someone will recognise them and we can get them back to their rightful owner.”
She added: “The envelope could easily have fallen out of a bag or pocket when a purse or wallet was being pulled out.
“Maybe the owner doesn’t even realise we have them.
“We are right beside the bus station and so we don’t know if they belong to someone who was just passing through.”
If you recognise the photos or can help in identifying them, please contact reporter Kelly Pattison on 01228 612641 or email email@example.com
First published at 14:11, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)