Mountain biker airlifted after collapsing
Published at 06:55, Saturday, 12 July 2014
A mountain biker from the USA was airlifted to hospital after he collapsed on fells east of Ullswater.
The 47-year-old man, from Houston, Texas, was taken ill on the High Street range around 5pm on Friday.
Penrith Mountain Rescue Team and the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance attended, and the aircrew doctor and paramedic assessed the man for what they describe as a “serious medical condition”.
He was transferred to the helicopter and flown to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, in 10 minutes. He was said to be “stable” on arrival.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)