Mountain biker airlifted after collapsing
Published at 06:55, Saturday, 12 July 2014
A mountain biker from the USA was airlifted to hospital after he collapsed on fells east of Ullswater.
The 47-year-old man, from Houston, Texas, was taken ill on the High Street range around 5pm on Friday.
Penrith Mountain Rescue Team and the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance attended, and the aircrew doctor and paramedic assessed the man for what they describe as a “serious medical condition”.
He was transferred to the helicopter and flown to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, in 10 minutes. He was said to be “stable” on arrival.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years