Motorcyclist dies in Carlisle hospital after north Cumbria crash
Last updated at 15:32, Tuesday, 28 August 2012
A motorcyclist has died in hospital almost three weeks after a crash in north Cumbria.
The family of David John Prior, of Soulby, near Pooley Bridge, today paid tribute to a caring and witty man.
His brother Stephen said: “David was a huge part of his local community having spent his younger years at Pooley Bridge and then working for JT Atkinson’s Builders merchants, formerly Thomas Althams for over 25 years."
Mr Prior, aged 56, was riding his Harley Davidson motorbike when it was in collision with a Honda CR-V car on the B5305 at Hutton in the Forest, near Penrith, on the afternoon of August 8.
He was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, where he died yesterday morning.
His brother said: “In recent months his new Harley Davidson was his pride and joy having wanted to own one for the past 40 years.
"David was a loving member of the family, adored for his caring and witty nature. He will be greatly missed, by me and his two nieces, Annabel and Katie, but will be remembered forever.”
The car driver, a 57-year-old man from the Penrith area, was uninjured in the crash.
First published at 14:38, Tuesday, 28 August 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (10 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (33 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (22 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (7 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (43 comments)