Motorcross rider airlifted to hospital
Last updated at 06:37, Monday, 25 August 2014
A male motocross rider suffered a "serious" head injury after coming off his bike at speed during a racing event in Brampton.
The rider, a 22-year-old man, was airlifted to the major trauma unit at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary just before 3.30pm yesterday afternoon.
He was said to be stable on arrival.
The man, from Newcastle, had been competing in the event when the incident happened.
Event medical teams and North West Ambulance Service paramedics also attended the scene and had begun treatment when the Great North Air Ambulance crew arrived. The Pride of Cumbria helicopter then flew him to the hospital in around 18 minutes.
First published at 20:22, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)