Motorcross rider airlifted to hospital
Last updated at 06:37, Monday, 25 August 2014
A male motocross rider suffered a "serious" head injury after coming off his bike at speed during a racing event in Brampton.
The rider, a 22-year-old man, was airlifted to the major trauma unit at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary just before 3.30pm yesterday afternoon.
He was said to be stable on arrival.
The man, from Newcastle, had been competing in the event when the incident happened.
Event medical teams and North West Ambulance Service paramedics also attended the scene and had begun treatment when the Great North Air Ambulance crew arrived. The Pride of Cumbria helicopter then flew him to the hospital in around 18 minutes.
First published at 20:22, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years