Missing man found safe and well in Carlisle
Last updated at 09:07, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A missing man who prompted a major search of the Cumbrian coast has been found safe and well.
The effort to find Daniel Boyle, from Carlisle, got underway on Sunday night after his car was found abandoned on the main car park at St Bees.
Coastguard staff and an RNLI lifeboat team scoured the area.
But that sea and coast search was called off yesterday after police investigating Mr Boyle's disappearance uncovered information suggesting he may have traveled inland to Whitehaven and possibly Carlisle.
They said they were "extremely concerned" for his safety.
He was found at a property in Carlisle last night, said police this morning.
Mr Boyle's black Ford Focus had been discovered at 8.10pm but there was no trace of him.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said officers were extremely concerned for his welfare and urged anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts to contact them as a matter of urgency.
Members of the public were asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary control room.
First published at 10:33, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)