Men tried to rob woman bus passenger in Carlisle
Last updated at 09:15, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Two men tried to rob a woman as she got off a bus in Carlisle last night.
Police say the 36-year-old woman had just got off the bus at Richmond Green, off Orton Road at about 10.30pm.
She was then approached by two men who attempted to steal property from her.
A police spokesman said: “The woman was not injured, no threats were made and no property was stolen.”
The first man is said to be 5ft 8in to 5ft 10in tall, skinny, and aged 17 to 25. The other was 5ft 7in and in his mid-20s. Both were wearing dark hooded tops and tracksuit bottoms.
Anyone with information should contact PC Cunningham on 101.
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|