Manhunt after woman, 63, attacked in Cumbrian alleyway
Last updated at 09:35, Friday, 06 June 2014
A 63-year-old woman was left shaken after being assaulted in an alleyway.
Police are hunting a man after she was pushed against a wall in an alley off Finkle Street in Workington at about 2pm yesterday.
He is described as being in his 20s, with short dark hair, and was wearing a blue sleeveless padded top and black jeans.
The woman was not injured in the incident but was left shaken.
A crime scene investigator was at the alley, which was taped off, yesterday afternoon.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 09:28, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)