Man who paid boy for 'sexual favours' sent to prison by Carlisle court
Last updated at 12:28, Monday, 06 January 2014
A pervert who paid a teenage boy for “sexual favours” has been jailed for more than three years.
Paul Ellis, 52, gave the youngster, who was in his mid teens, various sums of money to perform sex acts.
But he gave himself up eventually to police, telling them he thought he was a paedophile. Ellis, who now lives in Swadford Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, admitted a string of sex crimes when he appeared before Carlisle Crown Court.
Tim Evans, prosecuting, said the offences happened in Keswick in 2012, with Ellis offering the boy “money for sexual favours”.
The boy told police he “ended up agreeing with it”, saying: “He kept giving me money for it.”
Ellis later said he was going to tell the police.
The boy, the court heard, had told Ellis: “Don’t, it will just mess up both of our lives”. But Mr Evans said Ellis did contact the police, saying he had “done something with a teenage boy”.
The court heard that “sexual gratification prevailed over sense and reason”. Ellis admitted five counts of sexual activity with a child and four charges of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
For the first three counts of sexual activity with a child he received concurrent sentences of three years and four months.
For the remaining offences he was given concurrent sentences of nine months, to run concurrently with the other jail terms.
He was placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life and made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order, banning him from contact with boys under 16, except unavoidable contact.
First published at 12:25, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)