Man who paid boy for 'sexual favours' sent to prison by Carlisle court
Last updated at 12:28, Monday, 06 January 2014
A pervert who paid a teenage boy for “sexual favours” has been jailed for more than three years.
Paul Ellis, 52, gave the youngster, who was in his mid teens, various sums of money to perform sex acts.
But he gave himself up eventually to police, telling them he thought he was a paedophile. Ellis, who now lives in Swadford Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, admitted a string of sex crimes when he appeared before Carlisle Crown Court.
Tim Evans, prosecuting, said the offences happened in Keswick in 2012, with Ellis offering the boy “money for sexual favours”.
The boy told police he “ended up agreeing with it”, saying: “He kept giving me money for it.”
Ellis later said he was going to tell the police.
The boy, the court heard, had told Ellis: “Don’t, it will just mess up both of our lives”. But Mr Evans said Ellis did contact the police, saying he had “done something with a teenage boy”.
The court heard that “sexual gratification prevailed over sense and reason”. Ellis admitted five counts of sexual activity with a child and four charges of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
For the first three counts of sexual activity with a child he received concurrent sentences of three years and four months.
For the remaining offences he was given concurrent sentences of nine months, to run concurrently with the other jail terms.
He was placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life and made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order, banning him from contact with boys under 16, except unavoidable contact.
First published at 12:25, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)