Man who led Cumbria police on 110mph car chase jailed
Published at 11:00, Friday, 15 February 2013
A driver who led police on a 110mph chase has been jailed for three years.
David Brown, 52, was found guilty of dangerous driving and driving while disqualified at Carlisle Crown Court.
He was also convicted of unlawfully possessing a kitchen knife found in his car.
Carlisle Crown Court heard that police chased Brown on the A66 after he was spotted doing a sudden U-turn in Cockermouth.
Brown, from Wickford in Essex, later crashed his BMW after his tyres were punctured by a police “stinger” device.
At one point during the chase he overtook a car on a blind bend at 80mph.
A police vehicle had to do 110mph to keep up with him.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)