Man tried to lure children into sex, Carlisle court told
Last updated at 17:59, Saturday, 24 May 2014
A man who has admitted four child sex offences will not be sentenced until the impact of his sick crimes have been investigated, a judge has ruled.
Thomas Young, 25, of Jackson Street, Seaton, near Workington, has admitted four counts of attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity.
At Carlisle Crown Court, lawyers revealed that statements have not yet been taken to establish how a victim – aged just 15 – has been affected.
An earlier hearing was told three of the girls were aged 15 and the fourth was just 12 at the time of the offence.
David Wales, for Young, said his client’s marriage had “all but broken down” as a result of the case, and they were no longer living together.
“He’s very keen to have this matter over with,” he said.
Deciding that more investigation was needed, and that the impact on victims was highly relevant to the sentence, Judge Peter Hughes QC adjourned sentence until next Friday, saying that the defendant should have no unsupervised contact with children.
The earlier hearing heard that Young had admitted he was hoping to have intercourse with one of the girls.
Young has already been ordered by the court to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register.
First published at 17:58, Saturday, 24 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)