X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Sunday, 21 December 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Man taken to hospital after house fire

A man was taken to hospital this morning after fire broke out in the kitchen of his home at Mossbay Road, Workington.

It is thought the fire, at the back of the property, was caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.

Three fire engines were called along with an ambulance and two police cars.

The man, who suffered smoke inhalation, was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.

Colin Wilson, fire watch manager, said: “We believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault. The man put his washing in the tumble dryer and it burst into flames.

“He was the only person in the house at the time.

“The kitchen was quite heavily smoke-logged and the fire was still ablaze when we arrived but it was contained to the kitchen area.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Are positive efforts to encourage more women into the nuclear industry necessary?

Efforts to better educate girls at school in sciences, technologies & maths would be more worthwhile

No, unless well qualified women are being turned away at Sellafield's door

Yes, girls and women need to know their career options are limitless

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: