Man stalked Carlisle women he befriended on Facebook, court told
Last updated at 12:56, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A man accused of stalking two Carlisle women he befriended through Facebook has appeared at the city’s Crown Court.
Gavin Stevenson, 28, is alleged to have made threats to one of the women – named in court as Kirsty Jackson – on Facebook, in more than 700 unwanted text messages and in person.
He is also alleged to have pestered another woman in a similar way.
Stevenson, formerly of Dalbeattie Road in Dumfries, is charged with pursuing a course of harassment against both women, that put them in fear that violence would be used against them.
The charges state that he sent both women “a substantial number” of text messages and followed them in person and made threats towards them.
Stevenson was due to enter pleas to the charges yesterday but instead the hearing was adjourned at the request of the prosecution, to allow more time for further evidence to be analysed.
Stevenson will be back in court on Thursday, May 10.
There is an application for bail today.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (3 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (1 comment)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (29 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (10 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (26 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (5 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (42 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|