Man stalked Carlisle women he befriended on Facebook, court told
Last updated at 12:56, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A man accused of stalking two Carlisle women he befriended through Facebook has appeared at the city’s Crown Court.
Gavin Stevenson, 28, is alleged to have made threats to one of the women – named in court as Kirsty Jackson – on Facebook, in more than 700 unwanted text messages and in person.
He is also alleged to have pestered another woman in a similar way.
Stevenson, formerly of Dalbeattie Road in Dumfries, is charged with pursuing a course of harassment against both women, that put them in fear that violence would be used against them.
The charges state that he sent both women “a substantial number” of text messages and followed them in person and made threats towards them.
Stevenson was due to enter pleas to the charges yesterday but instead the hearing was adjourned at the request of the prosecution, to allow more time for further evidence to be analysed.
Stevenson will be back in court on Thursday, May 10.
There is an application for bail today.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years