Man 'seriously injured' in Carlisle assault
Last updated at 16:33, Thursday, 10 April 2014
A man was in a serious condition today after suffering severe head injuries in a vicious street attack.
The 36-year-old was receiving treatment in hospital after an assault in Warwick Road, Carlisle, that has prompted a police appeal for information.
Officers said there may have been more than one attacker involved and they are also trying to trace a woman the victim may have been with before the assault.
The incident happened at about 11.30pm yesterday. The injured man was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary.
His attacker or attackers may have fled down Crosby Street, which is just off the top of Warwick Road near the city centre.
Detectives say they are trying to establish the circumstances of what happened and what led to the violence.
Officers were due to carry out investigations in the Warwick Road area today and have appealed for anyone who was in this area last night, from about 11pm, to get in touch.
Detective Inspector Craig Smith said: “We are making inquiries today but are appealing for anyone who was in the area to come forward. We understand that the victim may have been with a woman prior to the assault and we are very keen to speak to her.
“We believe the offenders ran off down Crosby Street.
“Anyone who was in the area, driving or walking, and has seen anything, no matter how small, should get in touch.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 and ask to speak to the on-duty sergeant in Carlisle CID or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 09:04, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)