Man 'seriously injured' in Carlisle assault
Last updated at 16:33, Thursday, 10 April 2014
A man was in a serious condition today after suffering severe head injuries in a vicious street attack.
The 36-year-old was receiving treatment in hospital after an assault in Warwick Road, Carlisle, that has prompted a police appeal for information.
Officers said there may have been more than one attacker involved and they are also trying to trace a woman the victim may have been with before the assault.
The incident happened at about 11.30pm yesterday. The injured man was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary.
His attacker or attackers may have fled down Crosby Street, which is just off the top of Warwick Road near the city centre.
Detectives say they are trying to establish the circumstances of what happened and what led to the violence.
Officers were due to carry out investigations in the Warwick Road area today and have appealed for anyone who was in this area last night, from about 11pm, to get in touch.
Detective Inspector Craig Smith said: “We are making inquiries today but are appealing for anyone who was in the area to come forward. We understand that the victim may have been with a woman prior to the assault and we are very keen to speak to her.
“We believe the offenders ran off down Crosby Street.
“Anyone who was in the area, driving or walking, and has seen anything, no matter how small, should get in touch.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 and ask to speak to the on-duty sergeant in Carlisle CID or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 09:04, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)