Man seriously hurt, A66 in Cumbria closed after smash
Last updated at 19:52, Monday, 14 January 2013
One man has been seriously hurt in a two-vehicle crash which closed the main A66 road in Cumbria.
The Pride of Cumbria air ambulance airlifted the 24-year-old, who has a head injury, to the James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough.
The smash, near Brough, involved two light goods vehicles and happened at 2.10pm. The other driver, also a man, was not badly injured.
One person was trapped in their vehicle and had to be released by the fire service.
There was another two vehicle accident a short time later but no-one was hurt.
The A66 was closed in both directions and there was slow traffic both ways between the A685 junction in Brough and the B6542 junction in Great Ormside.
A diversion was in operation.
Westbound traffic was advised to use the A685 through Kirkby Stephen and eastbound traffic the M6 to junction 38 and then the A685.
The weight restriction on the A685 was lifted while the crash was dealt with.
The A66 was fully reopened shortly after 7.30pm.
First published at 15:31, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (75 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (51 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (100 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (96 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (60 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (6 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|