Man's ribs broken in 'nasty' street attack
Last updated at 08:13, Friday, 16 May 2014
A man in his twenties was the victim of an ‘unprovoked and serious assault', say police.
He was taken by ambulance to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven with injuries that included fractured ribs.
The attack took place on Ennerdale Road, Cleator Moor, at about 12noon on Wednesday.
The suspect is described as a white man, 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build. He had short black hair and was aged between 28 and 35 years old.
“This was a particular nasty assault which occurred in an open area at a busy time of day,” said a police spokeswoman.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101.
First published at 08:04, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (30 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (1 comment)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (8 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (38 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (13 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|