Police name man found dead on Carlisle street
Last updated at 06:57, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Police have named a man who was found dead on a street in Carlisle.
Officers were sent to Pennine Way at about 5.30am after receiving a call about a sudden death.
They found Derek Collingwood Smith, aged 55, of New Harraby, Carlisle, on the pavement.
Paramedics were called but he had died.
There are no suspicious circumstances.
First published at 09:03, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|