Man's body found in marshland near Carlisle
Last updated at 12:09, Friday, 01 February 2013
A man’s body has been found in marshland near Carlisle.
Police are currently in the Rockcliffe area after a member of the public made the grim discovery this morning.
Although he has yet to be formally identified, the family of Robert Heaton, a man from the city who went missing in November, has been notified about the find.
A Cumbria police spokeswoman said: “The body was discovered in the area at 10.43am.
“Formal identification has not yet taken place, however the family of Robert Heaton are being supported by police officers until identification can be confirmed.”
The coroner will be informed.
Mr Heaton, 41, of Belah, was last seen leaving his home on November 16.
A large-scale search operation was launched after his baseball cap and fishing rod were found on the banks of the River Eden near Etterby.
An RAF helicopter, Coastguard and mountain rescue volunteers were among those involved in a vast search which took in riverbanks and to the Solway coast.
First published at 12:02, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|