Man on sex charge banned from Cumbrian town
Last updated at 10:41, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
A man accused of a sexual offence in Keswick has been banned from the town after appearing before a judge.
Joshua Thwaites, 22, was charged with stalking a woman and sexually assaulting her after alleged incidents between July and September last year.
He was due to enter pleas to the charges at Carlisle Crown Court but the case was adjourned after it was revealed he now faces a further charge alleging that he had intimidated his alleged victim’s father by being abusive to him after meeting him in Keswick.
Thwaites, who used to live in Keswick but has recently been living in Crown Street, Cockermouth, was granted bail until February 3, when all allegations will be put to him.
In the meantime he was banned from entering Keswick or having any contact with his alleged victim or her father.
First published at 10:39, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)