Man in hospital with broken jaw after Carlisle attack
Last updated at 09:46, Sunday, 08 July 2012
A Carlisle man suffered a broken jaw after being attacked outside a city centre takeaway.
The 21-year-old victim is currently being treated at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the assault, which happened outside Mario’s takeaway in Botchergate in the early hours of Saturday.
Both of the attackers were white males about 26 years old. One was between 5ft 8in and 5ft 10in tall with dark spiky hair, of average build and wearing a red Arsenal football T-shirt. The other was short in stature with a bald head, wearing a navy sports jacket.
Anyone who witnessed the attack should call Carlisle CID on 101.
First published at 09:37, Sunday, 08 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|