Man in court in Carlisle charged with raping girl, 13
Last updated at 12:08, Monday, 20 January 2014
A teenager has appeared before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court today accused of sex offences against a 13-year-old girl in Keswick.
Albert Tobias Pearson, 18, whose address was listed as the Bowling Green Hostel, in Lowther Street, Carlisle, was charged with raping the girl on December 28 and sexually assaulting her on that day and on another day earlier in the month.
Pearson spoke only to confirm his name at today’s brief hearing and did not enter any pleas to the charges he faced.
He will do that when he next appears in court, on March 21.
In the meantime he was remanded on bail.
If he pleads not guilty his trial will probably be held in late May.
First published at 12:07, Monday, 20 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|