X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Thursday, 28 August 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Man hit two women in face, Carlisle court told

A man who hit two women in the face has been sentenced to a curfew.

Paul Anthony Wall, 44, of Dowbeck Road, Carlisle, initially denied the offence but later pleaded guilty to both counts of assault by beating.

Wall was at the house of an ex-partner on December 21 last year when the offence took place.

Wall had been drinking when suddenly he punched one victim in the face, before punching her friend who came to her aid.

In mitigation, Carlisle Magistrates' Court heard that all three had been drinking.

One of the victims said that since the incident she had felt vulnerable and angry.

Wall was given a 10-week curfew between 7pm and 6am.

He was also ordered to pay the victims £100 each in compensation, as well as £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Will changes to the stop and search code increase your trust in the police?

I already trust our police to act in the best interests of the law-abiding

Don't care. I doubt stop and search is used much in Cumbria anyway

No. Who's to say the new code will be followed faithfully?

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: