Man held after Cumbrian woman's body found
Last updated at 11:24, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after the death of a woman in Whitehaven.
Police were called to Wasdale Close at about 1pm yesterday (Tuesday) where they found paramedics attempting to treat a woman.
The 22-year-old Whitehaven woman, who was inside a property, was pronounced dead at the scene.
She has today been named by police as Mica Atkinson.
Her death is being treated as suspicious. Detectives are investigating the circumstances.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and is being questioned by police.
The coroner has been informed. A Home Office post mortem will take place.
First published at 21:59, Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"