Man held after Cumbrian woman's body found
Last updated at 11:24, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after the death of a woman in Whitehaven.
Police were called to Wasdale Close at about 1pm yesterday (Tuesday) where they found paramedics attempting to treat a woman.
The 22-year-old Whitehaven woman, who was inside a property, was pronounced dead at the scene.
She has today been named by police as Mica Atkinson.
Her death is being treated as suspicious. Detectives are investigating the circumstances.
A 25-year-old man from Whitehaven was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and is being questioned by police.
The coroner has been informed. A Home Office post mortem will take place.
First published at 21:59, Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|