Man had sex with girl, 14, after picking her up from school bus stop
Last updated at 07:57, Friday, 01 February 2013
A man who had sex with a 14-year-old girl after picking her up from her school bus stop has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Rohan Priyantha Skelton, 26, of Kirkby Thore, had got to know the girl after friends told her to add him to her list of friends on social networking website Facebook.
Their relationship very quickly turned to discussions of sexual matters, even though she told him how old she was, Carlisle Crown Court heard.
Defence advocate Mike Reay said Skelton was immature and had “intellectual difficulties”.
Skelton was given a two-year prison sentence, suspended for two years, and ordered to undergo intensive supervision by probation officers for two years.
He was also put on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years and banned from working with children.
First published at 07:55, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|