Man found dead in Carlisle hotel room
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has been found dead in a Carlisle hotel with a knife wound to his neck.
The unnamed male was discovered at The Roadhouse on London Road at about 2.30pm yesterday.
He is believed to be from Scotland and aged in his 40s.
The scene was cordoned off by police, who have launched a full investigation.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.
A post mortem is due to take place over the next few days.
Officers are working to formally identify the man.
The room at The Roadhouse is still cordoned off.
First published at 08:59, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (10 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (33 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (22 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (7 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (43 comments)