Man found dead in Carlisle hotel room
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has been found dead in a Carlisle hotel with a knife wound to his neck.
The unnamed male was discovered at The Roadhouse on London Road at about 2.30pm yesterday.
He is believed to be from Scotland and aged in his 40s.
The scene was cordoned off by police, who have launched a full investigation.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.
A post mortem is due to take place over the next few days.
Officers are working to formally identify the man.
The room at The Roadhouse is still cordoned off.
First published at 08:59, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|