Man found dead in Carlisle hotel room
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has been found dead in a Carlisle hotel with a knife wound to his neck.
The unnamed male was discovered at The Roadhouse on London Road at about 2.30pm yesterday.
He is believed to be from Scotland and aged in his 40s.
The scene was cordoned off by police, who have launched a full investigation.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.
A post mortem is due to take place over the next few days.
Officers are working to formally identify the man.
The room at The Roadhouse is still cordoned off.
First published at 08:59, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)